3-year-old boy dead ; Aunt allegedly him into Lake Michigan from Navy Pier

A 3-year-old boy who had been allegedly pressed into Lake Michigan at Chicago’s Navy Pier Monday has died, based on people from the family.

Josiah Brown died Sunday at 10:16 a.m. after his aunt allegedly pressed the boy in to the water Monday.

Victoria Moreno, 34, was arrested Monday within the 700-block of East Grand Avenue, Chicago police stated Wednesday morning.

Moreno didn’t make an effort to save the boy, CPD stated.

She made an appearance in bond court Wednesday mid-day, in which a judge denied her bond. Her next court appearance is scheduled for Friday.

Based on prosecutors, the three-year-old seemed to be with Moreno throughout a previous incident per week earlier by which she allegedly stole the household’s vehicle and required her two nieces and nephew to Navy Pier, however the older niece known as relatives to obtain them.

Moreno has furthermore been purchased to possess no connection with her family.

His family was round the child’s bedside on Tuesday at Lurie Children’s Hospital. They’re requesting privacy, and the grandfather, Dan Brown, stated they require “lots of prayer at this time.”

“Everybody’s prayer helps,” Brown stated. “God makes unexpected things happen. That is what we’re banking on at this time.”

Police stated the kid went tumbling several ft in to the lake, nearly drowning about 1 p.m. Monday mid-day close to the north finish of Navy Pier. He was walking together with his aunt on the way near the lake, prior to going in to the water.

Divers using the Chicago Fire Department pulled the kid to dry land before hurrying him towards the hospital entirely cardiac event.

Brown described his grand son as “only a bundle of pleasure” who’s “active, really wants to try everything” and “loves his father.”

“Among the finest to appreciate individuals who have been there to reply,” Brown stated. “Everything is bad, however it might have been worse, so there exists a praying chance he causes it to be through, and that is all we’re wishing for at this time.”

Investigators stated the boy spent hrs receiving care as police continued to be at Navy Pier, working to determine which exactly happened.

“Just like occurrences involving children, they are difficult conditions, and, again, we ask that you simply keep your family inside your ideas,” stated CPD Deputy Chief Gabriella Shemash.

At bond court Wednesday, prosecutors told the judge the boy isn’t likely to survive and expenses might be upgraded.

The relative initially told responding officials she was just a witness towards the drowning, then claimed she was holding the boy’s shirt and allow him to fall under water, based on a resource with understanding from the analysis.

Surveillance video shows the lady pressed him toward the advantage from the pier and thrown him in to the water, the origin stated. The boy wasn’t likely to survive, the origin stated.

A witness stated they observed the boy playing around apparently without supervision right before the incident.

Other witnesses in this area described it as being a strange situation, using the aunt just waiting as the child was within the water.

The lady who known as 911 described the horror from the entire situation.

“It’s one factor to determine him getting experienced there, also it just brings it to another level to understand it had been intentional,” Ashton King stated. “I’ve got a boy who’s about this boy’s age. I relive the look every single day. He just looked so panicked and scared, and also to believe that somebody he reliable put him for the reason that position is terrible.”

The lady stated she wanted enter into which help, but needed to think about the factors of doing this while helping first responders arrive at the correct location.

She and her friend put a lifesaver in to the water as the second man had been lower there attempting to help.

The Illinois Department of kids and Family Services stated there’s no prior contact in regards to this child, and also the department is investigating.

Her charges could escalate since the kid has died