If you are considering having a coolsculpting treatment session for the first time, you may be wondering what to expect and how to prepare. This treatment is becoming increasingly popular to achieve long-lasting results without surgery or downtime.
However, it is important to remember that Coolsculpting is not a weight loss solution but rather a way to target and reduce stubborn pockets of fat.
What is Coolsculpting?
It’s a non-invasive, FDA-cleared fat reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat. It takes place in a medical facility like the Sculpt Spa or dermatologist’s office.
The treatment is specifically designed for those at or near their goal weight but have pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. You can use the process to treat areas such as the abdomen, love handles, back fat, bra bulge, inner thighs, and arms.
What Happens During a Coolsculpting Treatment?
You will be seated or reclining in a comfortable position during the treatment. A small device will be applied to your skin in the area to be treated. The device will deliver controlled cooling to the area, causing the fat cells to freeze and die. As a result, your body will naturally eliminate the dead fat cells over the next few weeks or months.
You may feel a brief sensation of suction and cooling as the device is applied, but the treatment is generally well tolerated. Some patients report feeling discomfort during the treatment, but this typically subsides within a few minutes. The entire treatment usually takes about 35 minutes to an hour, depending on the number of treated areas.
Preparing for Your First Coolsculpting Treatment at Sculpt Spa
- It’s important to arrive at your treatment well hydrated. Drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your appointment to help ensure optimal results.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours before and after your treatment. Alcohol can increase inflammation and bruise.
- Don’t schedule your treatment immediately before or after a strenuous workout. Exercise can increase inflammation and cause delayed results.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment. You may be asked to remove some clothing so the treatment area can be properly accessed.
You should start to see results within a few weeks, with optimal results typically seen within two to four months.
Coolsculpting is a safe and effective treatment with minimal side effects. The most common side effects are temporary numbness, redness, swelling, bruising, and discomfort. These side effects typically resolve within a few days to weeks.
Benefits of Coolsculpting
There are many benefits to Coolsculpting, including:
- It’s non-invasive, so there is no downtime.
- It’s FDA-cleared so that you can be confident in its safety and effectiveness.
- It’s a convenient treatment that can be done during your lunch break.
- It’s affordable, with many patients seeing significant results after just one treatment.
- There are minimal side effects and risks.
- It can be used to target multiple areas of the body.
- It produces long-lasting results.
To Sum It Up
If you are considering Coolsculpting, be sure to consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate. Once you have decided to move forward with treatment, follow the above tips to ensure optimal results. You should start to see results within a few weeks, with optimal results typically seen within two to four months.