Pandemic took us all through a whirlwind of uncertainties, innovations, and a few never-felt experiences. From hosting in-person events in the pre-covid era to adjusting to virtual events and now moving to hybrid events, this all was a lot to take. Hybrid events are the present and the future of the event industry. As per the data, around 25% of organizations plan on hosting at least 5-6 hybrid events in a year. If you want to keep up with the trend but don’t know how to transit, stay here till the end.
Here are some tips that will help you understand hybrid events better and move from virtual events efficiently.
What is a hybrid event?
In simple words, a hybrid event is a combination of virtual and physical events directed towards both sets of audiences. Both parts of the event require different designs and specifications. In a hybrid event Where an in-person audience gets to experience the event closely, the virtual audience enjoys the privilege of attending the event at their convenience. Hybrid events allow you to open up to new customers and widen your brand’s reach.
Pros and Cons of hybrid events
- Hybrid events offer more than one choice to the audience. If the attendees don’t want to travel, they can join it through a virtual medium. But if the attendees wish to attend the event physically and meet new people, they can do this as well.
- Hybrid events allow more diversification of attendees, generating more revenue than a physical or virtual event. Attendees who couldn’t attend the event physically either due to geographical barriers or some other reason don’t have to miss out on the opportunity.
- In a hybrid event, organizing two events simultaneously means looking for more resources and spending more money than a virtual event or an in-person event.
- A Hybrid event never offers the same experience to both sets of attendees. An in-person attendee will have a closer experience than a virtual audience. But you can’t have everything either you experience it virtually in your comfort or travel and have real experience beyond the screen.
Pros and cons of virtual events
- The biggest advantage virtual events come with is real-time analytics. Where the host couldn’t get real-time data in a physical event, online events allow you to get the live engagement data that might be crucial for you.
- Cost, accessibility, and location are not an issue when it comes to online events.
- It gets difficult for hosts to hold attendees’ attention in an online event.
- Though virtual events allow you to interact with other attendees and the hosts, they still lack in delivering the feel a physical event comes with.
How to move from online events to hybrid events?
Here are some tips and tricks to make your transition from online events to hybrid events easier.
- Avoid too many components- If you’re going to host your first hybrid event, play it safe by not involving too many components and keeping the event simpler. Consider a hybrid event platform like Dreamcast that will help you smoothly carry out the proceedings. Hiring a platform will help you effectively manage your in-person and online audience’s demands separately. It will further help you achieve your first hybrid event goals, reach a wider audience, and increase your brand reach.
- Keep the online and in-person components separated- If your hybrid event has both the virtual and in-person components going live simultaneously, don’t mix up the agendas of both factors. What works for an in-person event might not work for its online counterpart. Treat your virtual and in-person audiences separately. Focus on delivering educational content more to the online audience and use the physical component to engage and network the attendees. By not mixing up both elements, you can make your hybrid event a seamless process.
- Consider a venue with hybrid setup- Consider a venue that can smoothly handle all your in-person and virtual planning. Look for a venue for your event that can carry out the entire procedure without any glitch. The venue should have enough technical infrastructure that can keep up both the proceedings running. Another concern should be the safety of your physical audience. Look for one that follows covid norms and regulations strictly, without compromising the health of your attendees.
- Consider a suitable hybrid event platform- Investing in an appropriate hybrid platform will make all the proceedings run smoothly. Choose an expert platform like Dreamcast and bridge the gap between your physical and online components. Make sure the platform you’re considering for your hybrid meeting or event offers some features as mentioned below-
- Live analytics- One significant advantage that an online event offers is that they allow you to monitor your audience’s live engagement and analytics. Make proper use of this advantage and lookout for a platform that lets you do the same.
- Engaging features- Consider a platform that makes the event engaging for the online audience. It is not easy to hold your virtual attendees’ attention. So to avoid situations where the attendees find the session boring and leave it mid-way, find a platform with various engagement features.
- Customizable- The main objective behind hosting any event is branding and networking, and what’s the use of your virtual event platform if it doesn’t let you do that? Look for a platform that is customizable as per your brand requirements.
It might get a bit overwhelming for you to plan and execute your first hybrid event, which is like hosting two different events at once. But don’t let the nervousness take over. By knowing how to manage a virtual and an in-person event simultaneously, you can surely make your hybrid meeting a sure shot success. Get ready to experience the newness of events with a suitable hybrid event platform like Dreamcast. Embrace the latest change in the event industry as hybrid events are likely to remain the significant component of the industry shortly.