Amazon Prime Video
- Price:$ 119 per year or $ 13 per month for Amazon Prime, which includes free shipping for any purchase made on Amazon. For students, the subscription costs $ 59 per year or $ 6.49 per month.
- Compatible Devices:Most major streaming boxes, including Amazon’s Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, as well as most game consoles, tablets, and smartphones, with the notorious exception of the Chromecast.
- For whom it is? For frequent Amazon buyers and those interested in the service’s award-winning original series.
Amazon started by selling books online and is now the Walmart of the internet. A few years ago, the company broke into the streaming media market with Prime Video. Free two-day shipping is also included, so if you’re one of those who buy a lot of things from Amazon, having access to visual entertainment is a great added value.
The streaming service Amazon started as a service pay-per-view , but has expanded to include a large library of streaming video on demand for Prime subscribers. The company has been using its industry influence to sign partnerships with companies like Epix, Warner Bros., and HBO, as well as creating its own exclusive series like The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle, The Tick, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
Amazon puts pretty much everything at your fingertips, whether it’s streaming content, pay-per-view movies and shows, or digital copies that you can buy and own. And unlike Netflix, Amazon 4K Ultra HD and HDR content comes at no additional cost.
- Price:$ 7 per month or $ 70 per year. Or you can pay $ 13 a month for a package that includes Hulu and ESPN +.
- Compatible devices:iOS devices, Apple TV (tvOS), Google Chromecast, Android, Android TV, PlayStation 4, Roku, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, and LG and Samsung smart TVs.
- For whom it is? For fans of movies from the Marvel universe, The Simpsons or the Star Wars saga.
If you are looking for an alternative to replace Netflix or the streaming service you currently use, disneyplus.com login/begin is the most logical way. It has a large catalog of movies and television shows from Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios . In total, there are more than 600 movies and TV shows.
Among others are some of the most popular titles of all time, such as the Star Wars , Toy Story, and Avengers franchises . The original Disney Plus series, which began with The Mandalorian , from the Star Wars universe, are quite promising, and other classics, such as The Simpsons .
The platform also offers 4K, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos content on select titles and devices that support these formats. That includes just about every new TV show and movie, as well as some classics, like the original Star Wars trilogy, which is available in 4K for the first time on Disney Plus. However, much of the older Disney Plus content is only available in lower resolutions.
Another advantage is that you can experience Disney Plus in a variety of user contexts. You can download and use the application for platforms such as iOS or Android . Since Disney owns Hulu, you can content Disney Plus within the Hulu app , although you will lose 4K features. As if that were not enough, it is compatible with the Apple TV application.
- Price:$ 6 per month with ads, $ 12 per month without ads, $ 55 per month for live and on demand TV, and $ 61 per month for live TV and on-demand service without ads.
- Compatible Devices:Virtually all Internet-enabled set-top boxes, televisions, smartphones, game consoles, or tablets.
- For whom it is? For those looking to catch up on current TV shows in addition to some original series, or for those who cut the cable and want to keep up with the latest shows, news and sports.
Hulu was created in 2007 as a joint venture between veteran media outlets NBC Universal, Fox Broadcasting, and Disney / ABC. Originally, the streaming service was completely free, but it launched a subscription-based version after it garnered a sizable following. In 2016, Hulu moved to a fully subscription-based model and has since been creating its own originals like The Path, Futureman, and Runaways to keep up with the streaming race.
While Hulu has a modest selection of movies, no other streaming service can compete with its library of newer TV shows. Original series aside, the Netflix and Amazon platforms tend to have TV shows available only after the season is over, or even when they’re gone altogether.
In contrast, Hulu, in addition to having a solid roster of older shows and shows, publishes new episodes of shows that currently air only days (and sometimes hours) after airing. The only downside is that you will still be forced to watch ads unless you decide to pay for the premium service, which we recommend.
Hulu certainly had some hits when it comes to original content, but you don’t hear that many people talk about compulsively watching The Path in the same crazy race as Stranger Things or Game of Thrones . Like Netflix and Amazon, Hulu also offers content in 4K , although it has not yet broadcast any of its shows in HDR. Read more about Ines de Ramon in detail.